Our client is seeking an experienced Purchaser and Stores Manager to join their busy team. As a Purchaser (Manufacturing) the key purpose of the role is to support manufacturing of fan coil and heating units. This will include assessment of technical and commercial requirements, supplier sourcing, competitive tendering, and purchase order management to ensure on-time supply within budgets.
As Stores you will oversee the efficient receipt, storage and dispatch of a range of goods. Responsible for a vital part of the supply chain process, you'll manage people, processes and systems in order to ensure goods are received and dispatched appropriately to the works and that productivity targets are met.
• Direct and Indirect procurement
• Cost estimating in support of bid teams.
• Supplier evaluation, selection and development.
• Planning of materials requirements to ensure timely deliveries and efficient materials control.
• Competitive bidding and negotiation.
• Daily expediting of material to satisfy production schedules and implementation of appropriate recovery plans
• Shortage reporting and resolution.
• Supervising all stores personnel and ensuring they complete daily tasks in accordance with company procedures
• Organising the Year End Stocktaking procedures and implementation
• Purchase order management ensuring accurate system data.
• Procurement support to the facilities management team
• Delivery and reporting of cost-savings in support of company objectives.
• Comply with Company policies and procedures including, but not limited to, ISO9001 and ISO14001.
Suitable candidates will ideally possess the following skills/experience/qualifications:
• MCIPS preferred or currently studying for CIPS
• Proven experience within manufacturing industries.
• An excellent understanding of bill of materials, unit design and manufacturing processes.
• Proficient use of Microsoft applications with good understanding of MRP and other planning systems (Sage/Swan preferred).
• Skilled in negotiation.
• Excellent organisational skills and capable of managing own time.
• Good oral and written communication skills.