· The Transport Manager is responsible for the day to day running of the Transport Department undertaking an overview of all Transport functions of the business to ensure all consignments are collected / delivered / tendered or recovered in a timely manner and in conjunction with the specified deadlines.
· Daily overview of the shared mailbox to ensure all emailed enquiries/bookings have been dealt with, in a timely manner.
· The Transport Manager is responsible for all office staff, as well as employed and self-employed drivers.
· The Transport Manager works as part of the Operational Management Team and runs the department in close co-ordination with the other operational departmental heads, namely: Imports, Exports & Warehouse.
· Maintain & promote a professional manner amongst all staff, seeking at all time to implement and maintain
o company policy.
· Report to the UK Operations Manager on a daily basis, all events and issues of importance.
· Keep other Department Managers up to date with developments that affect their departments or the overall performance of the company.
· Maintenance of weekly departmental reports for submission to UK Operations Manager.
· Production & submission of monthly KPI reports to UK Operations Manager
· Seek appropriate support as necessary, from your Manager, other Managers and the Directors, in order to complete your responsibilities.
· Close monitoring of all consignments escalated as high profile to ensure key transport milestone updates are provided throughout.
· Attendance at regular Ops Manager Team Meetings.
· Forward shift-report handover to UK Operations Manager at the end of every shift.
· Management of staff:
· Managing Vehicle Fleet:
· Managing Productivity:
· International, Sameday & Sub Contractor Control
· Quality Control Procedures
· Previous Managerial experience managing both employed & subcontractor drivers, aswell as a team of office controllers/dispatchers.
· Candidates will need to have an extensive knowledge of both the UK & European road networks.
· Candidates will need to be commercially aware of the impact a Transport department can have on a business, and have experience of completing departmental KPI figures.
· As a company we specialise in both the AOG and Pharmaceutical sectors, so previous experience in these fields and knowledge of temperature controlled movements will be an additional bonus.
· Salary will be candidate dependant.