Our client is a vibrant fast moving and growing teleshopping & internet businesses that is a specialist in an’ affordable jewellery category’ as well as in high end gem stones.
You will need to be able to work in a challenging environment ensuring our live operations are uninterrupted and run smoothly in line with the SLA’s.
As this role will involve variable shift work in and around key sporting event times including early morning/late evenings and weekends you will need to be comfortable with working in such a pattern.
· Primary responsibility for the installation, configuration, support & maintenance, and troubleshooting of desktops/laptops, IVR/telephony equipment, software’s & critical IT business systems/applications, peripheral devices and other network appliances
· Logging of all IT request into the helpdesk tool & Keep users informed on status and progress of requests, Categories requests in accordance with support policy
· Maintaining call information within the service desk portal, provide 1st and 2nd line technical assistance to resolve service desk incidents remotely, Follow up with service providers on issues/faults reported
· Involvement in technical based project work & supporting project teams, as & when required.
· Creating detailed configuration management and change control records
· Monitor & ensure data backup process to the backup strategy
· Performs other duties assigned.
· Minimum 3 years of hands-on experience and confidence working with end users both in-person and over the phone with technologies like Windows /7/8/10, Office 2010/2013/2016, Intertel phone system & Xarios Phone Manager, Trend Micro,
· ICT Degree or equivalent + MCSE+ ITIL foundation Certificate
· Good understanding of networking concepts: TCP/IP, LAN/WAN, DHCP, DNS, Routing, Switching, ISDN/Leased Lines, Filtering and Firewalls.
· Experience with Microsoft win server 2008/2012, Active Directory configuration, Group Policies, IIS 6.0/7.0, MS SQL 2008/2014 R2, Exchange would be an added advantage
· Excellent communication, interpersonal , organizing & problem solving skills
· Good at prioritizing/multi-tasking and able to adapt to changing priorities
· Attention to detail, Team player, results-driven, committed, collaborative and inclusive
· Able to explain technical problems in a simple way
8 hours per day with either a start from 8 am to 5 pm or 9 am to 6 pm. Candidate has to be available on the phone even out of office hours. Would have to attend emergency situations in office and would accordingly be given time in lieu.
The candidate will also have to work on weekends. For example the week can be from Thursday to Monday with Tuesday, Wednesday off. The actual days of work and timings will be accordingly decided once we finalise on a candidate.