Our client offers marquee and event equipment hire for all types of occasions, from weddings and private parties, to corporate and charity events.
They are looking for a hardworking and enthusiastic ‘Site Manager’ to join their busy team. The role is extremely varied and interesting and requires a self-motivated individual with a can do attitude.
The position is full time working 5 days a week over 7 Due to the nature of the business; weekend work plus early starts and late finishes aren’t unusual, In the marquee and events industry flexibility is crucial.
You will need to be physically fit and strong plus happy to work outside whatever the weather.
Good communication skills are essential as the role will require working in conjunction with office staff, dealing with suppliers and liaising directly with customers on site. You must be able to speak confidently to clients demonstrating high levels of customer service at all times, ensuring each job is finished to the highest standard and the customers satisfaction.
The role is suitable for an individual who can work on their own initiative with a methodical approach to their work and ability to problem solve on the spot. The job requires a certain degree of attention to detail and allows the opportunity to give creative input where necessary.
You will have past marquee site management experience with a full, clean UK driving licence and own transport.
Responsibilities will include;
- Safely erecting and dismantling clearspan marquee structures as part of a team
- Managing an onsite team, delegating work effectively
- Ensuring health and safety regulations are adhered to at all times by yourself and your team
- Correctly installing marquee accessories such as flooring, lining, lighting, heating, etc
- Motivating your team to work efficiently and keeping morale high
- Ensuring all jobs are completed to the highest standard and the customer is satisfied
- Liaising with customers on site and conducting ‘sign off’ once job is complete
- Ensuring the correct loading of vehicles and maintenance of equipment
- Working in a timely and efficient manner so timelines are met
- Training and mentoring of junior site staff
- Communicating job progress with operations manager and office staff
- First aid trained
- MUTA structure safe trained
- Computer literate
There could be the opportunity of a permanent position for the right person.