1st Line IT Support Technician
£18 - 24000P.A.
Job Title: IT Support Analyst - First Line Support
A highly successful SME is looking for a motivated IT Support Technician to provide 1st line support to circa 350 users, with immediate opportunities to undertake 2nd line support issues with the right skill set and experience. Working alongside the IT Manager & other support analysts you will be providing front line support to users regarding PC hardware, software, networking, server and printing issues (this will include some on site but mostly office based remote support) to clients based in London and the surrounding counties. This role would suit a candidate that has studied IT (or other related subject) with some relevant commercial experience.
Key/Primary responsibilities include:
· To assist with all IT-related queries, providing 1st line support where appropriate to circa 350 users; relating to PC hardware, software, networking, server & printing issues.
· To escalate queries when necessary and keep users updated on their progress
· Setting up new users as well as desk and office moves, supporting network and systems installation, either remotely or on site
· Troubleshooting network and server related issues
· Monitoring servers, backups and networks pro-actively
· To perform preventative & administrative maintenance; checking backups, disk usage, anti-virus, the monitoring & keeping current of all forms of support logging tools.
There will be an immediate availability for training on the undertaking of all support tasks and all other aspects of the services delivered, including but not limited to server builds, network design & installation and SQL Server maintenance and troubleshooting.
Suitable applicants will ideally have worked in a similar capacity as an IT Technician, IT Desktop Support Analyst, IT Helpdesk Analyst or a similar position. You must be confident engaging with users and have a background in providing front line, desk side support. This will be a very autonomous role where you will be providing the first point of contact for all IT issues within the business.
Desired skills include:
• Experience in managing Windows desktop environments, including Windows 7, 8 & 10.
• Excellent Microsoft Office 2007, 2010, 2013 & 2016 skills.
• Experience preferable of managing Active Directory user accounts, Microsoft Exchange email accounts and Office 365 control panels.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.