Our client has a requirement for a Stores Manager. This vitally important role ensures their production department can keep running at full capacity by ensuring that they always have the components and parts that they require. The job responsibilities start when deliveries arrive at Goods In and end when the finished products ship out to customers. Your responsibilities will include; accepting and inspecting incoming goods, adding those parts into stores, picking parts into kits ready for assembly and packing finished goods ready for collection by freight forwarders and couriers. This is a responsible job that will require very good attention to detail combined with a good work rate.
Job Role Responsibilities:
• Management of all Goods Inwards processes including signing for packages, unpacking and distributing parts to stock.
• Maintaining a tidy and efficient work area by ensuring parts are in the correct stores locations and where required rearranging storage locations and updating systems accordingly.
• Operating a Powered Stacker truck to access larger parts from a pallet racking stores area
• Picking production kits, notifying shortages and replenishing from deliveries
• Picking and packing of finished goods ready for dispatch
• Periodic stock taking of component parts
You will have:
• Excellent attention to detail
• Excellent organisational skills
• Experience working within a manufacturing environment
• Knowledge of electro-mechanical and electronic parts
• Physically fit
• Positive and helpful ‘can do’ attitude
• Counterbalance Forklift or Stacker Truck experience preferred but not essential as training will be provided.