Project Engineer – 6 month Contract
Job Role and Responsibilities
• Produce weekly project plan with current updates.
• Review tool GA (general assembly) drawings with production team and toolroom for feasibility of manufacture.
• Manage progress with external supplier to achieve delivery deadline.
• Provide the production department with detailed product information so BOM and work instruction can be produced.
• Manage latest drawing release for tools and components – to include ECN (engineer change notes).
• Liaise NPI (new product introduction) with internal team via project mtg and minute/action and monitor them.
• Understand customer validation requirements and organise recording data and analysis results.
• Attend customer meetings when required.
• Produce work instruction for any second op procedures – assembly jig, printing etc.
• Must be able to work as part of a team or independently as required.
• Design ability using 3D CAD.
• Understanding of injection moulding.
• Able to read and understand tool drawings.
• Good communication skills.
• Good IT skills – Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
• Understanding customer requirements through design and materials.
• Place orders with supplier with specification – i.e. tooling, automation, robotics.
• Produce manufacturing specification.
• Organise T1 sampling and sample submission.
• Manage any modifications requested by customer.
• Customer sign off.
• Project handover to production.
Hours to suit – 37.5 Per Week