· To model the nursery’s Christian Ethos and inspire others to do the same.
Scope of Position:
· To ensure a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care for all children.
· To assist the room leader in providing rich learning opportunities for all children.
· To work as part of a team in order to provide an enabling environment in which all individual children can engage, learn and develop.
· Develop and maintain good relationships and communications with parents to facilitate day-to-day caring needs.
· To take an active involvement with additional activities such as parent’s evenings, open days, training and staff meetings.
· Undertake certain domestic jobs within nursery, for example; preparation of snack meals, cleansing of equipment and such other duties and responsibilities of an equivalent nature as may be determined from time to time by the room leader.
· Read, understand and adhere to all policies and procedures relevant to the role of Nursery Nurse.
· To ensure all information received within nursery is kept strictly confidential.
Teaching and Learning
· Demonstrate a commitment to understanding how children develop.
· To consult with the children and involve them in the planning of resources, activities and the environment.
· Formulate and operate a programme of rich and varied activities that meet the individual learning needs of all children.
· Take responsibility for ‘Key Children’ ensuring their welfare and learning needs are met at all times.
· Keep high quality records of your key children’s learning development through observations to inform future planning.
· Assess the progress of each key child. Monitor any emerging gaps and implement effective interventions with support from the room leader.
· To ensure that meal times are a time of pleasant social sharing by modeling positive behaviours.
· Ensure the provision of a high quality environment to meet the needs of all children regardless of any disabilities, family backgrounds or medical history.
· Take opportunities to introduce the children to new learning experiences wherever possible.
Health and Safety
· Ensure high standards of safety, hygiene and cleanliness are maintained at all times.
· Wash and change children as required.
· Report and record all accidents that occur under your supervision.
· Take a shared responsibility for the safety of each individual child. Only allow known and agreed adults to collect the children.
· Ensure poorly children are kept comfortable and warm and parents are notified immediately in order for the child to be collected.
· Ensure Welfare and Safeguarding Children procedures are followed and you know what to
do in the event of an allegation being made.
· Be familiar with all emergency procedures.
· Ensure the correct following of the medicine policy at all times.
42 hours a week over 4 1/2 days
28 days holiday
£18- 20,000 PA depending on experience