To receive customers’ enquiries and respond effectively with diplomacy and care ensuring our labour sales exceed 100% of available hours and promoting the sale of spare parts and accessories.
Responsible to the General Service Manager.
Special liaison with department supervisors, drivers, Parts, Sales, Accounts and Reception personnel.
· Receive all customers’ vehicles and accurately interpret customers’ requirements. Issue clear workshop instructions ensuring all vehicle details are provided and obtain customer’s written authority for work and spend limit.
· Promote the sale of labour, parts, accessories and specialised services.
· Always ensure customer is advised PRIOR to undertaking work additional to that originally authorised unless additional work is within spend authority. Always provide a quotation for work being undertaken whether or not this is requested.
· Prepare Warranty claims prior to work being carried out. Pre-order through warranty system all parts necessary to carry out repair. Complete claim and invoice.
· Explain manufacturers warranty terms (new vehicles) and (used vehicles) and ensure these are correctly interpreted. Explain second and third year Extended Warranty cover and possibility of post warranty claim consideration.
· Explain Company’s trading terms and ask customer for their intended method of payment at the COMMENCEMENT of the repair. Where possible, validate method of payment prior to collection.
· Progress - chase jobs through workshop supervisor/sub-contractors. Ensure customer is given early advice of any completion delay or work omission.
· Arrange the preparation of sub-contract and in-house estimates and ensure no outside work is undertaken before WIP has been raised and order issued.
· Check all sub-contractors invoices with estimates, insurance authorisation and match with our own job invoice.
· Check quality and detail of all sub-contract work PRIOR to advising customer that work is complete
· Ensure all vehicles including sub-contract have been tested, quality inspected and are signed off as completed by the Service Supervisor or responsible tester and have been washed and prepared for hand-over.
Working hours: 0800 - 1800 Monday to Friday. Staggered lunch break of one hour. Saturday rota 0830 - Noon