Field based - Africa
To assist with the development of initial programme activities in the Region. In the initial stages it is likely that there will be both managerial and advisory responsibilities.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Conduct assessments as necessary in areas of operation.
• To manage/assist with initial seed and tool distributions in thirty villages.
• To assist with a planned broader livelihood assessment.
• To prepare and assist with development of proposals for donors.
• Design monitoring and recording systems with the staff team in coordination with Area Manager.
• Monitor the production and dispatch of reports (internal and external) to Area Manager
• Promote an understanding of methodologies appropriate to programme/project practice in the field, with a view to increasing the management and analytic skills of individual programme/project staff.
• Ensure that information systems are put in place to meet the information requirements of all stakeholders.
• Assist the Area Manager in the preparation of situation reports, i.e. security, personnel, programme activities
• Assist and collaborate with the Logistics Coordinator in setting up and managing the base
• Degree level qualification in studies related to agriculture, rural or community development, sociology, anthropology, nutrition.
• Experience working with an NGO or development agency.
• At least 3 years experience of project or programme management.
• Proven ability to write report and proposals (in English or French or both).
• Fluent French and good English.
• Computer literacy: Word and Excel
• Proposal and report writing skills
• Willingness to travel
Flexibility (the programme will change and develop over time)
• Post-graduate qualification in a relevant subject.
• Experience of financial management.
• Experience of security procedures
• Experience of planning and programme development.
• Experience of training.
• Good Swahili