UK based with travel
• Assist in the health assessment, planning, design, ongoing development and evaluation of programmes. This will involve regular field trips to current and potential project sites
• Advise the Operations Managers on the health aspects of programmes
• Act as the reference person for all health related requests and enquiries from the field
• Provide technical support to the Regional Health Director and where appropriate, to field based Country Health Directors.
• Quality control internal and external health programme reports and proposals
• Assist with interviewing, briefing and de-briefing of health personnel
• Actively contribute to the development of health strategy, health policy and research in collaboration with members of the Health & Policy team
• Medical or nursing qualification and a relevant higher degree
• Additional qualification/experience in tropical medicine/nursing, reproductive health, health systems management and evaluation and advantage.
• Minimum of 5 years experience in managing and implementing health programmes in relief and transitional-developmental contexts.
• Substantial experience in needs assessment, project evaluation, proposal & report writing and representation at senior level.
• Computer literate (Microsoft Office and EpiInfo)
• Ability to communicate effectively to a wide range of audiences
• Interest in and ability to train staff
• Willing to travel often at short notice and to insecure environments