Deputy Programme Director
Field based - Africa
As part of the senior management team, to provide close field support and management to a Disaster Management Team (DMT) programme in accordance with policy and strategy for the country of assignment.
• Assist the Programme Director in strategic planning processes
• Support the development and outworking of programme implementation strategies, plans and activities schedules
• Assist team members in participatory needs / capacities assessments, analysis, project design and proposal / budget preparations for institutional and private funding.
• Supervise and direct project managers in management and implementation of disaster management interventions, including ensuring adequate performance monitoring and reporting systems in accordance with donor requirements
• Assist project staff in managing delegated programme and project budgets
• Monitor compliance with donor accounting and reporting requirements
• Lead and manage staff, encouraging effective team work and providing supervision, guidance and mentoring
• Where appropriate provide pastoral support to staff
• Responsible for the spiritual leadership of staff to support their spiritual well being and encourage adherence to Christian distinctiveness.
• Responsible for the support of staff in their own spiritual leadership roles.
• Assist the Programme Director with the general management and leadership, encouraging team work and strong commitment to the organisations values and operating principles
• Assist in staff planning, recruitment, induction and training for field staff as required
• Help to maintain constructive working relations with other NGOs, UN agencies, host governments (including both formal authorities and informal faction where applicable), bi-lateral and multi-lateral donors.
• Encourage positive relationships with church and partner organisations and assist in the development of collaborative programme strategies as appropriate
• Assist the HR Manager and Logistics Coordinator in the selection, lease and management of appropriate office, residential and other buildings as required.
• Support the establishment and maintenance of administrative systems in compliance with standard operating procedures.
• Oversee the establishment and maintenance of all logistics infrastructure Proven management experience.
• Project design and management
• Relief management
• People management
• Finance management
• Strategic planning
• Working in accordance with corporate structures, policies and practices
• Experience of leading and facilitating prayer and Bible study groups Committed evangelical Christian
• Humanitarian & Christian motivation