H R Delegate
Field based - Indonesia
• Manage, support and train the local HR staff to ensure the quality of HR services- recruitment and selection, HR advice and support, contractual issues/remuneration and benefits of local staff. Offer guidance to the local HR staff on work related tasks, conduct performance appraisals, and deal with any performance/development issues that may arise among team members.
• Assist the Senior Management Team with longer term HR planning/identification of HR needs.
• Undertake a review of the current salary grading allocation for all local staff and recommend changes as appropriate.
• Work closely with other operational National Societies working in Indonesia regarding the development and implementation of local HR policies & procedures, remuneration and benefits.
• In close co-operation with the UK International Personnel Officer, support the recruitment and selection of staff for programmes, acting as the HR representative as necessary. This may include: Advertising posts in appropriate media: Shortlisting applicants and interviewing for specific roles: Briefing delegates/inducting local staff at the start and debriefing delegates/conducting exit interviews with delegates at the completion of their international assignments.
• Helping maintain HR database, updating delegate records as required, and any local database/personnel records for local staff
• Support delegates and local staff during their mission, including issues of personal welfare, terms and conditions of employment and insurance etc.
• Provide advice/support to programme managers on staff management and performance issues, HR policies and procedures e.g. appraisal, capability, disciplinary, health and safety etc. Provide assistance with the implementation of these processes as appropriate.
• Liaise with the International training and development team on delegate/staff induction, training & development issues. Provide general advice to local staff on development options/opportunities.
• Participate in internal and external meetings and forums as requested.
• Degree and HR qualification.
• 3-5 years relevant work experience.
• Experience of managing and supporting staff.
• Experience of HR policy development.
• 2 years recruitment and selection experience, ideally international and/or senior management
• Experience of performance management and training and development systems
• Experience of dealing with and developing remuneration and benefits packages for local/expatriate staff
• Exposure to humanitarian work
• Understanding of HR policy and practice, including employment law, internationally and in the UK.